Sunday, December 25, 2011

Red and Green is just sooo popular this time of year!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is going to have a wonderful New Year!
Everything is going well here- all the horses had a few weeks of very hard work so that they could have an easy holiday week! Such skillful planning on my part, I know. 
All of the babies are little jumping machines; they have all cantered their first little course and are ready to be four year olds so they can learn some fancy new tricks. Africa and Aly are great- Africa really wants to learn and Aly is such a little freak to jump, it could not be much easier (Don't forget to check out Wits End Eventing if you would like to learn more about them!) Nic is just so wonderful- he is starting to stretch and he LOVES to jump.  He made his first visit to Sharon's a few weeks ago- he was a superstar! He jumped the baby logs and the baby ditch, and thennnnnn the big ditch- he thought that was pretty awesome and nearly bucked me off with his emotional outburst!  Little Doby is getting ridden now too, he is pretty cute and is going to be very fun soon.
Clif is now going out all day with his friends, Nic and Doby, and the love of his life.... Sammy- he and Sam stand with their noses touching, it is a bit odd to be completely honest.
Irish is coming back into work well.  She has now jumped a few times and is most excited that she finally feels a bit less neglected!  Her time off did her good, she feels much stronger in her body in her flatwork and, the best part, I can catch her again! The little brat!
Ramble is going quite well.  His flatwork is really getting stronger and I am starting to ride him a bit better when jumping.  He says FINALLY!  Little Rambles is the best behaved horse I have ever had, how he is a stallion I do not know.  He is a lot of fun just to have around the farm.
Tess is also getting back into the full swing of things- she had a lesson with Linda Zang and then a jump lesson with Sharon the next day. She still hasn't completely forgiven me for that one.  Linda helped Tess quite a bit- Tess thinks Linda should be locked in a tower far far away.  The next day Tess had a super jump lesson with Sharon.  Sharon loves Tess and Tess loves Sharon--she always has such good insight into what I need to do to make the princess happier and more cooperative!
So this holiday season I am thankful for my awesome horses- my great family- my wonderful friends- my crazy dogs and everything else I have in my life. Clif wanted to remind everyone just how lucky I am to have him, even if he is just sitting in the field being demanding and unreasonable. 
Also a quick Happy Birthday to Nic, Africa, Aly, Doby, Clif, Tess, Irish, Ramble and Sam--I will now have 3 four year olds, 2 five year olds, a nine year old, a ten year old, an elven year old and Sam will be 23! That seems like a pretty full house to me!
Enjoy your New Year and eat some good luck food!
xo
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment