Sunday, April 18, 2010

Can Your Brain Explode?

Tess says, "Oh, yes it totally can; that's why I think so slow, I saw a brain explode once and it interrupted her eating habits greatly", Clif says "It can explode if you have one dummy!", and I say "Brain? What Brain!?!?".

(Tess being adorable as usual!)

The past week has been insane and it is only getting worse! School is coming to whirlwind of an end with huge papers, presentations, tests and finals....what is left of my brain is constantly throbbing. The horses are also busy, Clif is working on corners and skinnies like there is no tomorrow and Tess is happily going along with my new found method of riding her. On a happy note Clif is jumping better than he ever has and is jumping hard skinnies and corners with no problem (which is actually some what annoying after last weekend!). Tess jumped like a little superstar this weekend and was awesome on the flat today (so exciting!), her trot is awesome when you can slow it down, have her moving over her back; she's my very own little Ringwood Cockatoo (HA!, if you have never seen this horse's dressage you should most definitely google it a.s.a.p).


(Clif jumping in the mud!)


This week is full of school Monday to Thursday at 5pm, then it's race home to ride the horses on the flat before it gets dark! Friday we will head to Loudon HT just outside of D.C. in Virginia. I have never been there so it should be a good time for everybody. Clif is going hop around the Preliminary, hopefully we will have our normal good go and his confidence will be back to normal as well. Tess will also have her last (knock on wood) Preliminary run before the CCI* at Virginia in May, I will try to go a bit faster this weekend, but I will do whatever the little princess requires to jump the jumps on the first try! Although, I'm thinking that should be easier this time, she is really having a good time and liking her job.




(Clif having fun)

Oh yeah, how could I forget!? The ponies got some famous time this week on the USEA website. They both got their pictures in the Chatt Hills Recap, pretty school to have both horses in it when there was about 160 other horses to choose from. Here is the link: http://useventing.com/blog/?p=8767 .



(Tess galloping along)


Enjoy the weather and I will hopefully be writing good news next week!
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment