Saturday, September 24, 2011

I have no need for the gym. I ride Tess.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Everything is going here....yep, just going.

Irish on one of her little adventures!

The little horses are both well- getting chunky and getting WI-L-D (think Animal House).  They will both start work sometime soon, I'm sure they are both ecstatic for the opportunity to work- who wouldn't be?! Especially for me!? HA!  They are both the sweetest horses I have ever met (except for maybe Irish..) and I am sure they will get me off at some point, but it is going to be fun teaching them and to have them teaching me something--you never stop learning from the babies!! Whether you learn to hold on tighter or fall off a little more gracefully, your bound to learn something! I am going to get some fun pictures of them doing ridiculous things (hopefully without me on them!!!) and I will be sure to put them up! So cute, so excited!

The horses in training are so going super too!  Forest is doing great- he has finally been tracked down! He is a 14 year old OTTB-he is very loving and wants to make you happy.  He is starting to jump and has decided he might just like it...he has also decided he might actually like putting his little head down to do circles!  He is going to make someone a fun, fancy project pony and all around horse.  Africa is also loving life. She has decided she quite likes doing big kid things.  She is starting to play around with big kid circles and transitions and even jumped for the first time! She is adorable, and couldn't be easier or more fun to jump!  She is going to be a great little eventer--she jumped her very first ditch (it was natural people-don't have a stroke!)  with her little ears up. She has been quite proud of herself over the last few weeks, her ego continues to get even bigger! EK!  To learn even more about either of these two visit http://www.witsendeventing.com/

Clif is tolerating his stall time..and by tolerating I mean scaring everyone.  He is doing quite well for him, though.  He is turning into a chunk! I am quite happy about that.  He is getting better and better and enjoying his vet visits and daily attention-such a playboy! Also, he is greatly enjoying the amount of mints he gets on a regular basis!  Anytime he hears the wrapper he goes nuts--knocking things off the sink and being rude until he gets one....he looks like a small child in search of a lollipop!

Clif is still going out a bit each day-mostly for my safety!

Irish is doing quite well as usual!  She did her first show since July---her dressage show..she was great! She got a 29 on her Novice test and a 31 on her very first training level test!  I am so proud of her-she never stops trying and learning.  It's neat to have a horse that wants to always do the right thing no matter how hard it is.  She is also jumping like a little freak, she is doing so well that she is going to go to an unrecognized Novice next weekend, a Novice at Virginia HT, and then hopefully training at River Glenn or an unrecognized training at TTC in November!  So exciting!!

Did I mention that he also terrorizes the dog's water bowl?

Tess is also doing well.  She is starting to be a very fancy...when she gets the fancy trot she can still only hold it for a few steps, but in those few steps I wonder what happened to my little monster and who is this horse!?  Even more exciting, she is starting to be able to really canter....without totally falling on her front end.  Riding her everyday is like a full body workout, and we still are not past the point of smaller than 20m circles and one gait transitions (like walk/trot, canter/trot, walk/halt, no trot/halts).  I am honestly in pain by the end of my ride and cannot feel my abs for a few minutes, then when I feel them, I wish I didn't!  She's such a fun horse though, I am sincerely hoping she can have a good comeback and go show off for herself (yes she would have a gigantic mirror placed in her stall to brush her hair and paint her nails if she had thumbs!)!

Well, I just read Jimmy Wofford's Practical Horseman article and I was quoted. My life is complete.  I highly suggest you read it ;-).  Enjoy this great weather and great footing-go have a gallop! (even though the rain is annoying!)-


Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment