Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bad News Bears...then Good News Goldfish?

The week has been great!

Tess is now doing a whopping 10 minutes of trotting; I know some of the weight is starting to come off because I have to fear for my life the first 2 minutes, after that its pretty much back to me kicking constantly! It's like I'm on a thelwell pony! She does feel absolutely amazing though, she's moving big and fancy, very exciting! I am eagerly awaiting her first few real rides and jumps, I'm like a little kid waiting to open presents.

Irish is always the same-perfect. She continues to improve on a daily basis, she never stops trying and she never stops trying to please. She is just a fun horse to have a round, she adores people and having a job, what more can you ask for?!? She will be having an easy summer and fall. She might go to 5 Points in September, but she will most likely wait until Morvan in October, and then head out to a few more novices to end her season...that is if no one snatches her up before then!

Clif is doing well. He is moving super, improving daily and feeling very confident. He did Fairhill this past weekend, I am incredibly proud of him. His dressage was decent, not his best, but not his worst; it was by far his most obedient and forward thinking test yet, his lengthenings were finally there for the taking. His show jumping was very productive, it was quite a large course with many many rails coming down all day. Clif did have two rails, one was my fault for rushing him a bit, the other was a result of a lack of a half halt! Oops! We will have to work on that... His XC was super- I had a glance off at the second of a skinny wide angled bench, I was off my line--oh well, you live you learn. Clif was very bold, very forward and I couldn't have asked for him to be much better, he was incredibly straight which was very exciting!!! I am looking forward to Five Points in a few weeks!


I also got a new horse this weekend, yay! Nic is about the sweetest horse I have ever come across- he does not try to run you over, he always asks to be played with (he doesn't just give you a good whack so your paying attention!), and he is great about everything I have asked of him so far- and he raced 5 days ago!!! I don't think they get much better than him. He is stunning as well, he seems like the whole package! Nic's real name is Pray for You, which I think is the funniest thing ever and it will most definitely stay his name!

I hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer!

Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment