Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year, New Leaf!

I hope that everyone had a good holiday season and got to spend lots of time with friends and family! I was lucky enough to go home for some time over Thanksgiving and Christmas. My time over Thanksgiving got extended some thanks to a nice little back problem, yuck! In hindsight, I do not do enough for me; I do a lot to make sure my horses are strong and healthy, but not enough to make sure I'm strong enough for the task I ask of myself.....yoga starts next week. Over Thanksgiving I got to see my most missed amigos! Clif and Tess are in North Carolina, so seeing them was just what I needed. They looked super fuzzy and as happy as can be expected when not in work; they have definitely grown accustomed to lots of attention and a workload, they actually appear to really miss both!

Christmas came rather quickly and I was able to go down to Florida for four days to see the whole family! My mom had taken Clif and Tuc down; so I got to ride them both! Tuc was super cute and very quiet, which was not expected because she had over a month off due to both my injury and a nasty little battle some very determined cellulitis. Clif was absolutely w-i-l-d, he was trotting for 10 minutes and that was not enough for that attitude. He felt great though, which was exciting.


Just before Christmas my other 3 year old, Irish, came to Last Frontier Farm. I must admit, I was not exactly thrilled about her being there, she was not my favorite and I really did not think we would get along well. Fortunately I was wrong---surprise, surprise. She is absolutely adorable, her face suckers everyone in, everyone who walks by her stall has to stop and pet her (she actually more demands a pet rather than asks for one). She is coming along really nicely on the flat, she is starting to get a bigger stride and so responsive it is amazing she is so young.... "four and one week" since she is a TB! Her biggest love is jumping, she thinks its great fun and would like to do it every day, all day.


Work is going well. I am riding tons and tons, learning a lot. I ride anywhere from four to nine horses a day, some green and some experienced. Jumping days are very busy, I have jumped as many as 8. I stay busy! Yesterday I trotted and cantered 9 horses.......can you say ouch!? My legs are still in revolt.
I promise to be better about updating :-/, sorry!
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment